The Microbiome-Host-Interaction lab, part of the Cluster of Excellence “Controlling Microbes to Fight Infections” (CMFI) at the University of Tübingen, aims at understanding how the lifestyle of gut microbes shape host health. To support our multidisciplinary research team, we are seeking to recruit:
2 Postdoctoral Researchers (f/m/d)
in the field of “Drug-Microbiome-Host-Interactions”.
Both projects revolve around how non-antibiotic drugs affect the gut microbiome, and how the interaction between these drugs and the microbiome contributes to drug efficacy and side effects.
– One candidate will be involved in functional screens at both the drug-bacteria and bacteria-host interfaces based on patient samples that respond differently to antidepressant treatment. This ERC-funded project requires a strong interest in high-throughput screening, as well as a sound knowledge of statistics and a scripting language.
– The other candidate will use gnotobiotic animal models to unravel microbiome-mediated drug effects and their consequences on the host. For this CMFI-funded project, prior experience with mouse experiments is required.
In addition, both candidates should:
· have a PhD in microbiology, microbial ecology, bioinformatics, microbiome science or related disciplines.
· enjoy working in multidisciplinary environments
· have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
What we offer:
Our laboratory uses cutting-edge technologies for cultivation- and systems microbiology-based microbiome science. We have access to various state-of-the-art research instrumentation, including core facilities for next-generation sequencing, gnotobiology and metabolomics.
We offer an excellent, cross-disciplinary and engaging research environment within the Cluster of Excellence “Controlling Microbes to Fight Infections”, and the new Malignome-Metabolome-Microbiome-Research (M3) Institute, which integrates cancer research with microbiome and metabolism research.
We actively support our lab members with continuous scientific mentoring and academic training.
We offer remuneration in accordance with TV-L (collective wage agreement for the Public Service of the German Federal States) (E13, 100%, up to 36 months after evaluation). Both positions are available immediately.
How to apply:
Please send your application, including a cover letter, a detailed CV with publication list, copies of certificates, a short description of previous research projects, and contact information for two academic references as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Tübingen/University Hospital Tübingen is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
The review of applications will begin February 27th 2023 and will continue until the positions are filled.
We are very much looking forward to receiving your applications.